When your adventures lead you beyond cell reception, the SPOT Gen3 can let family and friends know you're ok or send emergency services direct to your location, all at the push of a button. Add this rugged, pocket-sized device to your essential gear and stay safe and connected wherever you roam. Long live adventure!
SPOT Gen3's customized tracking features take your SPOT experience to the next level. Only with SPOT Gen3 is tracking motion-activated with Unlimited or Extreme tracking upgrades. A vibration sensor tells your SPOT to send track updates when you are moving and to stop when you do. (This is a great new battery-saving feature! And, you don't have to remember to re-set your tracking after 24 hours.) ??
New Tracking Options:??
- Unlimited Tracking: Set it and forget it! Pre-set your SPOT Gen3 to send tracks at the speed of your adventures. Change your tracks to send every 5, 10, 30, or 60 minutes. SPOT Gen3 will send tracks at your chosen rate for as long as your device is turned on and moving (no need to re-set after 24 hours). Tracking doesn't stop until you do.
- ??Extreme Tracking: Get all of the great features of Unlimited Tracking, but with the added ability to vary your track rate down to every 2 ½ minutes. Don't miss a step with increased track rates!
Enhanced features only available with the new SPOT Gen3:
- Longer Battery Life: SPOT Gen3 has approximately twice the battery life of the SPOT Satellite GPS Messenger! ??Battery Options: Now there are more options for how you power your SPOT:
- 4 AAA Energizer® Ultimate Lithium 8x Batteries (L92)
- 4 AAA Energizer® NiMH reusable batteries (NH12)
- Line power with a 5v USB connection. (SPOT Gen3 is not waterproof when line powered.)
Basic features included with your SPOT unit:
- S.O.S.: With the push of a button, GEOS International Emergency Response Coordination Center provides your GPS coordinates and information to local response teams - for example contacting 9-1-1 responders in North America and 1-1-2 responders in Europe The S.O.S. button is for emergencies only.?
- Check In: Let family and friends know you're ok when you're out of cell phone range. Send a pre-programmed text message with GPS coordinates or an email with a link to Google Maps™ to your contacts with your location. With a push of a button, a message is sent via email or SMS to up to 10 pre-determined contacts and your waypoint is stored in your SPOT account for later reference. Your stored waypoints can be easily integrated into a SPOT Shared Page or SPOT Adventure account. ?
- Help/SPOT Assist: Alert your personal contacts that you need help in non-life-threatening situations. Or, use SPOT Assist for professional services on land or water. (Additional service required). ?
- Custom Message: Stay in touch while off the grid by sending your custom message. Set up a message before leaving to send to contacts with your GPS location. Use this feature as a secondary OK message or transfer your personal help alert to this message function if you are using a SPOT Assist service on your Help button. ?
- Tracking: Allow friends and family to follow your progress online in near real-time and save waypoints so you can review your entire route at a later date.?
Included in the box:
- USB Cable
- Quick Reference Guide
- Height: 3.43" (8.72 cm)
- Width: 2.56" (6.5 cm)
- Thickness: 1" (2.54 cm)
- Weight: 4.0 oz (114g) with Lithium batteries
- Operating Temp: -30C to 60C (-22F to 140F)
- Operating Altitude: -100m to +6,500m (-328ft to +21,320ft)
- Humidity Rated: MIL-STD-810F, Method 507.3, 95% to 100% cond.
- Vibration Rated: Per SAE J1455
- Battery Type: 4 AAA Energizer™ Lithium Ultimate 8X Or 4 AAA Energizer™ NiMH Rechargeable