No cell signal? No problem!
Simply pair your smartphone with SPOT Connect, and get connected to a global satellite network that lets you send messages and GPS coordinates from virtually anywhere on the planet.
Update Twitter and Facebook. Send email and text messages. Request non-emergency help from professional service providers.
And in the case of a critical emergency, send an SOS message requesting emergency assistance, all from your telephone.
- 911 - Use this option only in the event of a life threatening emergency. The Emergency Response Center will notify the appropriate emergency responders, which may include coast guard, police, search and rescue teams or even your country's embassy. Primary and secondary emergency numbers that you pre-program into SPOT will also be contacted. Please note that There is no test mode. Once activated, the response center will treat your situation as a real emergency.
- HELP - this option can be used in a non life threatening situation to notify your friends and family that you need help or assistance in a specific location. 911 and HELP can be activated simultaneously.
- OK - use this feature to let your friends and family know your location and that everything is okay. A message will be sent with a web link of your position using Google Maps.
- TRACK PROGRESS - send a waypoint to SPOT every 10 minutes so your family and friends can follow your progress in real time using Google Maps. Track progress feature requires SPOT premium upgrade service and is not covered under the basic subscription.
- TYPE & SEND - Use SPOT Connect to send custom email and text messages via satellites to your contacts. Create up to 41 character SOS, Help and Check-in/OK messages. Messages will be sent directly to the contact groups you select via email or SMS. You can even post custom messages on Twitter and Facebook. If you encounter problems, you can send custom SOS messages describing your situation, with your GPS position included.
2 AA Energizer Ultimate Lithium 8X (L91)
||To a depth of 1 meter for up to 30 minutes
32.8 ft (10 m) location accuracy
-328 ft to 21,325 ft
(-100 m to +6500 m)
3" x 2.6" x 1.2"
(7.6 cm x 6.6 cm x 3.2 cm)
4.9 oz (139 g) w/ batteries
Made for iPod touch® (2nd, 3rd and 4th generation), iPhone 4, iPhone 3GS, iPhone 3G
Android: Platform 2.0 or later*
*Usage of SPOT connect is based on a subscription service. This may be the most valuable thing you ever subscribe to when this technology saves your life out in the back country.
Basic package of $99.99 USD/yr includes 911, Help and OK features. Upgrade to Track progress feature for $49.99 USD/yr. For all the important information on how to activate and set up your SPOT, please see the Global Star information kit inside the packaging of your new SPOT personal locator.