A confidence-inspiring fishing machine for both the novice and expert, the Recon is a factory-loaded boat that you can rig your way. With a fully customizable open platform, a lineup of revolutionary new features, and the freedom to choose the preferred mode of propulsion – paddle, pedal, or power – the Recon series of kayaks are the future of fishability. (Note: This model is Helix PD™ Pedal Drive-capable and the Helix PD™ Pedal Drive can be purchased separately. The Recon 120 HD comes with the Helix Pedal Drive installed.) Aftermarket motors can also be deployed with a direct-to-boat stern mounting interface.
A supremely wide-open deck affords the angler an abundance of space, freedom of motion, and provides a rock-solid platform from which to stand, cast, and hookset in confidence. The functional layout of the intuitive topdeck interface keeps all your gear and essentials within reach, with ample surface areas for personal modifications.
The Recon series features next evolution of S.M.A.R.T. Hull Technology – Wilderness Systems' signature design approach that carefully and masterfully combines Stability, Maneuverability, Acceleration, Responsiveness, and Tracking to deliver the ultimate performance in all waters. This model's hull optimizes any mode of travel, be it paddling, pedaling, or motoring, with specialized volume distribution and under-the-waterline nuances to keep the boat moving quickly and steadily.
- Upgrade your Recon and enjoy hands-free propulsion with the Helix PD™ Pedal Drive.
- Fully customizable open platform, factory-loaded with room for personalized rigging
- Supremely wide-open deck affords the angler an abundance of space, freedom of motion, and provides a rock-solid platform from which to stand, cast, and hookset in confidence
- Tri-power optimized with the freedom to choose the preferred mode of propulsion – paddle, pedal, or power
- S.M.A.R.T. Hull Technology – Wilderness Systems' signature design approach that carefully and masterfully combines Stability, Maneuverability, Acceleration, Responsiveness, and Tracking to deliver the ultimate performance in all waters
- StowPro Storage System featuring an extra-large gasketed hatch and a thoughtfully configured bin to access, organize and defend gear
- AirPro ACE seat – embodying easy Adjustability, luxurious Comfort, and fine-tuned Ergonomics, featuring premium, breathable materials and a one-handed mechanical lever for quick adjusting the seat trim on-the-fly, allowing anglers to dial in their position for paddling, pedaling, motoring, or to make room for fishing
- Dual Rod Troughs – a unique horizontal rod storage solution to keep fishing rods close-at-hand and away from wind and breakage; can hold up to three 7'6" rods on each side; secured with cross-lashing bungee; noise-dampened by Silent Traction pads
- Midship side pockets and tackle box recesses provide gear storage in all the right places
- Convenient cup holders to keep beverages close-at-and, yet out of the way
- Silent Traction pads throughout the footwell to keep anglers sure-footed and stealth
- Comfortable front and rear carry handles for easy transport
- Molded-in side handles to assist in managing the boat solo
- Expansive and notched tankwell provides a custom-crafted space for popular rear storage items like the Wilderness Systems Kayak Krate
- Rear-mounted transducer area to ensure scanners are protected and in position for the fullest range of view
- Easily add an aftermarket motor with a direct-to-boat stern mounting interface
- Internal steering and lift lines for snag-free rudder or motor operation
- Weight: 95 lbs / 43 kg
- Length: 12' 2" / 371 cm
- Width: 38" / 96.5 cm
- Deck Height: 15" / 38 cm
- Max Capacity: 450 lbs / 204 kg