Aquatabs purifies water for camping, hiking, boating and international travel. Aquatabs are effective against Giardia cysts, bacteria and viruses, making water safe for drinking, brushing teeth, cooking and washing fruits, vegetables and produce.
Aquatabs are Iodine-Free, Chlorite-Free and individually foil sealed with a 5-year shelf life from the date of manufacturer. When dissolved in water, Aquatabs produce a measured dose of free chlorine.
Aquatabs are NSF 60 Approved. The active ingredient in Aquatabs, Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate (NaDCC), is registered by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) for routine treatment of drinking water,; meets European Standards for drinking water (EN12931: 2000) and the World Health Organization (WHO)/The Food and Agricultural Organization (FAO) specs for drinking water.
- Weight: 334mg (167mg active ingredient)
- Effective Against Giardia: Yes
- Effective Against Bacteria: Yes
- Effective Against Viruses: Yes
- Effective Against Cryptosporidium: No
- Active Ingredient: 167mg NaDCC (Sodium Dischloroisocyanurate)
- Dosage 1 tablet will produce 5mg/L (ppm) available chlorine when dissolved in 20 litres of water.
- Ingredients Sodium Dichloroisocyanurate / NaDCC (Troclosene Sodium) equivalent to 5 mg/L free available chlorine, Sodium Bicarbonate, Adipic Acid, Sodium Carbonate.
- Certifications & Approvals Aquatabs are certified to NSF/ANSI Standard 60. It’s active ingredient, NaDCC (ACL60 grade) has been approved/registered for drinking water treatment by the US Environmental Protection Agency (EPA). Aquatabs are imported and distributed in Canada by Global Hydration Water Treatment Systems Inc.
- Application Ideal for group camping, outdoor sport, adventure racing, first-aid and survival kits, food preparation, and emergency preparedness. 4+ year shelf life.