1) The race package given to each team and solo will include all maps required for the race, course instructions with the grid coordinates for all checkpoints and a 'passport'.
2) The passport must be carried at all times by the competitors during the race. It must remain in good condition as to allow it to be properly signed / stamped at checkpoints.
3) The maps provided in the race package are the only maps permitted on the course.
4) The course instructions will include brief descriptions of particular obstacles to watch for throughout the course and a list of all checkpoints on the course.
5) Teams or solos must travel through all checkpoints in the order specified by race management. At each checkpoint the team or solo must check in and have their passport signed and time stamped by race staff. In the event a team or solo misses a checkpoint, they may go back to the missed checkpoint. Once they have reached the missed checkpoint, they must not skip ahead to the checkpoint, but must follow the course in its proper order. E.g. If a team or solo reaches CP8 and realizes they missed CP7, they may go back to CP7, but they must travel through CP8 again before proceeding to CP9.
6) At the end of the race each team or solo must show their passport to race management to verify that it has been signed at all checkpoints and that they were reached in the specified order. Any team or solo that did not pass through all checkpoints in order will not be included in the official rankings.
7) Each team or solo is free to select the route they feel is most appropriate for the race, unless specific instructions are given to follow a particular route.
8) The first team or solo to have all members cross the finish line and have passed through all checkpoints in order will be the winners. Teams or solos must turn in their passport for verification that they reached all checkpoints in order.
9) All team members and solos must wear the race jersey provided at all times during the race. It must be worn as the outer layer (so it is in plain sight at all times). If you are a sponsored team or solo, you may affix your sponsor’s logo on the jersey so as it does not cover official race sponsors or numbering.
10) Teams and solos are encouraged to help each other while on the course. No penalty will be incurred for receiving assistance from another team or solo. Teams and solos are required to assist any racer that is in need of medical assistance. The assisting team(s) or solo will be given a time credit from race officials for the amount of time assisting.
11) Weather conditions may restrict safe travel for certain sections of the course. Race management reserves the right to make changes to the course or restrict travel on certain sections due to weather conditions.
12) Teams or solos found traveling on restricted roads or areas designated by the race director as “out of bounds” will be disqualified, no exceptions.
13) Mandatory gear must be carried at all times and racers may be subject to inspection at any point on the race course to ensure compliance. Racers not carrying all of the mandatory gear will be assessed with a time penalty or disqualified.
14) Team members must travel together and not be separated by more than 50 metres.
15) All event participants must act in an environmentally responsible manner at all times during the event. No litter, gear or any other object can be left on the racecourse, at the start line or host site except in designated disposal locations. It’s very important that we look after our environment.
16) If a competitor or team notices litter, gear or any other object left by another participant it is that team’s or solo responsibility to pack it out to the next checkpoint to be left with the checkpoint staff.
17) No teams or solos shall receive assistance from any persons outside of the race. If teams or solos are violating this rule they will be disqualified. I.E. Directions from helicopters, Rides in any vehicle Communication via cell phone – etc…
18) The maximum time allowed to complete the entire race course is 4 hours. Teams or solos which miss cutoff times or are still on course after the 4 hours may be removed from the course.