Kokatat Men's Drysuit Sizing Chart
||5'2" - 5'6"
DRY SUIT MEASURING INSTRUCTIONS
- Do not measure yourself. Measurements should be performed by an authorized and trained Kokatat retailer. Failing that, someone you trust to get in close with a cloth measuring tape.
- Just relax! Look forward and stand up straight with your feet about 12 inches apart.
- Don’t move around and look straight ahead. Stop looking at your measuring partner or the floor. Remember, relax!
- Take measurements in street clothes and bare feet, preferably washed.
- DO NOT make allowances for insulation layers under the suit. Kokatat patterns are designed to allow for adequate layering under dry suits.
- All circumferences should be taken at the widest point. If you happen to be measuring your wife or mother-in-law, you may want to refer to this as… oh, forget it.
- Again… measure twice, cut once.
The following measurements should be taken on the person’s front side:
- CHEST:Take this measurement at the widest point. This is usually at the nipple area. Do not hold your breath, just relax. If the person is muscular, take a second measurement at the armpit area, across the upper chest. Use the larger of the two measurements.
- WAIST: Measure just above your hip bone where your body bends when bending sideways.
- HIPS: Take this measurement from the side to ensure the correct placement of the tape. Place the tape around the hips and across the widest point of the buttocks. This might be a good time to come up with a descriptive word other than “widest”. Make sure that all pockets are empty.
- INSEAM: This is also referred to as the “crotch to ankle bone” measurement for those very secure individuals. Have the person stand with legs straight and feet about 12” apart. Have them hold their hand to the side, with palm facing out. Place the end of the measuring tape between their first two fingers. Ask them to place the hand with the tape in their crotch area, snug up against the body. Just relax! Stretch the tape straight down your ankle bone. Ask the person to look straight ahead, turn their head to the right and cough.
- GIRTH: This measurement is for the entire torso length. Place the tape at the base of the neck on top of the shoulder. Run the tape down the front, through the crotch and up the back to the starting point on the shoulder.
- This final measurement should be taken on the backside:
- SPINE TO WRIST: Hold arm directly out to the side, parallel to the floor, palm down. Bend the elbow forward, stop hand in front of nose. Place the tape at the base of the neck, starting at the spine. Run tape along the arm, turn at the elbow, measuring to the wrist bone.
Kokatat garments are sized with ample room for ventilation and to be comfortable over an insulating layer. For all stock product please refer to the stock sizes in the sizing chart.
If you don’t fit into the stock sizes, Kokatat can add and subtract length in the sleeves and arms, and add length to the torso of stock sizes. See our custom suit builder for more details.