Ridiculously simple, but the El Capitan 4 has proven the test of time. Rugged aluminum poles hold up the basic dome structure while a fly rod holds the fly out over the doors to allow for dry entry and functional venting during rain. The El Capitan series of tents continues to be Eureka's top selling canoe tripping tent. Vents located towards the top of the tent allow for hot air to rise out creating a venting draft which draws cool air in from the bottom.
Continually Eureka's #1 canoe tripping tent and the tent most often copied but never matched. Simplicity in design but built to expedition standards. One of those products that you don't fix if it ain't broken.
- Fly rod creates head space high in the vestibules ensuring dry tent entry and providing functional vestibule space for storage.
- Eurekas unique short zip vent panel (often referred to as the dog entry) combined with the patented high/low door venting system and interior mesh create a chimney air flow system.
- Ripstop Armatech polyester fabric simply outlasts other fabrics when exposed to damaging UV rays from the sun.
- All door and vestibule zippers use size 10, the largest and strongest possible.
- Door mesh panels and interior roof mesh panels have zip in covers to retain warmth, making these the best 3 season tents sold in Canada.
- Capacity: 4 person
- Frame: Aluminum 11 / 12.7 mm
- Average Trail Weight: 9 lbs 10 oz
- Average Total Weight 10 lbs 6 oz
- Poles: 3 Aluminum Easton T8 Adventec 11 mm
- Fly fabric: 75D Armatech Ripstop polyester 2000 mm
- Floor Fabric: 75D Armatech polyester 5000 mm
- Pack Size: 8” x 21” / 21 x 53 cm