If you frequently find yourself exploring the deep powder of the backcountry, you should become better acquainted with the Montane. Featuring Atlas’s best-in-class tubular frame, the Reactiv, for improved flotation and responsiveness, the Montane takes backcountry performance to new heights. Comfortable and easy to use, the Montane’s Wrapp Swift binding features warm EVA padding and webbing straps that cinch and release seamlessly. The All-Trac toe crampon and StabiLock heel cleat provide the traction needed on the varying snow and ice conditions the backcountry can impose. Atlas’s patented Spring-Loaded Suspension allows for a natural, uncompromised stride, while 19° heel lifts provide relief on ascents.
- Reactiv-Trac construction integrates the perimeter aft stability of serrated traction rails with Spring-Loaded Suspension and the flex of an elliptically formed nose, allowing the binding, crampon, and frame to conform and articulate independently with the terrain.
- The Wrapp Swift binding blends a technical fit with great comfort and ease of use thanks to the positive toe locater, warm EVA padding, and straps that cinch and release seamlessly.
- The weight-activated, StabiLock Rear Traction optimizes weight distribution to its serrated traction elements, for sure footing on the most technical terrain.
- Precision-focused, Spring-Loaded Suspension’s (SLS) patented design, suspends the snowshoe close underfoot so it can move freely with its intended articulation, absorbing impact, flexing naturally side-to-side, and allowing deeper crampon penetration into the slope for an compromised stride.
- 19° Heel Lift: Provides relief when climbing those long steep hills, and easily stores for flats and descents.