A best seller, the X ULTRA 3 has evolved into an even more effective hiking shoe. Thanks to Descent Control technology, it efficiently tackles technical hikes and really shines during tough descents. Wear this breathable pair in warm weather and dirt conditions, and head downhill with a spring in your step.
- Foothold: A refined last works with the reinforced top arm of the sensifit, holding your foot comfortably in place, especially moving downhill.
- Stability and cushioning: The Advanced Chassis, surrounded by foam cushioning for comfort, connects directly to the sole to stabilize your heel.
- Grip: Two different types of rubber result in better grip. A patterned area on the heel grabs terrain more aggressively, giving you more control especially on descents.
- Advanced Chassis: Placed between the outsole and midsole, this lightweight chassis helps optimize motion control, energy management and protection for an efficient, stable yet responsive ride.
- Welded upper: Stitch-free upper construction provides a smooth, glove-like, fit and feel.
- Quicklace: Minimalistic and strong lace for one-pull tightening. Easy-on, easy-off.
- Chevron lugs: Lug design with deep penetration and multi-directional grip, improving traction on soft surfaces like mud or loose dirt.
- Protective toecap: A protective piece of rubber, leather or synthetic material over the toe area.
- Anti-debris Mesh: Tight mesh that prevents debris from being trapped between your foot and the footbed.
- Contagrip® TD: For maximum traction on mixed terrain and extended durability, Contagrip® TD combines a deep, aggressive lug pattern with our most durable compound.
- SensiFit™ cradles the foot from the midsole to the lacing system, providing a secure, snug, and virtually customized fit all around the foot.
- EnergyCell: A high performance EVA foam that provides shock attenuation.
- Inlay sole: Textile
- Lining: Textile
- Upper: Synthetic / Textile
- Outsole: Rubber