SPOT X provides 2-way satellite messaging when you’re off the grid or beyond reliable cellular coverage. Connect SPOT X to your smart phone via Bluetooth wireless technology through the SPOT X app to access your contacts and communicate easily with family, friends, or directly with Search & Rescue services in a life-threatening situation. If preferred or when necessary, SPOT X can be used as a standalone communication device. SPOT X has its own dedicated U.S. mobile number, so others can message you directly at any time.
SPOT X for Business
Lone workers can check-in and provide detailed status of their situation when working in the wilderness or at remote job sites. Head office can now reach out to employees who miss scheduled check-ins to ensure their safety.
- Messaging: Exchange messages with any cell phone or email address virtually anywhere in the world
- SOS: Send an SOS to the 24/7 Search & Rescue Center. Message back and forth about the nature of your emergency and receive confirmation when help is on the way.
- Tracking: Select from 2½, 5, 10, 30 or 60 minute tracking intervals, and let family, friends and other adventurers follow your progress with SPOT’s easy-to-use Google Maps interface.
- Check In: Quickly and easily let everyone know you’re OK with one touch check in
- Post to Social: Link your Facebook and Twitter accounts to keep your friends and family in the know wherever you go.
- Compass: Built-in compass and programmable waypoints to help you navigate.
- Height: 6.54" (16.61 cm)
- Width: 2.9" (7.37 cm)
- Thickness: 0.94" (2.39 cm)
- Weight: 7.0 oz (198.4 g) with lithium batteries
- Operating Temp: -20C to 60C
- Operating Altitude: -328 ft to 21,320 ft (-100 m to 6500 m)
- Impact Resistance: MIL-STD-810G for shock
- Water and Dust: IP67 (1 m for up to 30 m and dust proof)
- Rechargeable Battery
- Includes: Strap and Carabiner, Micro USB, Date/Power Cable, AS Wall Adapter, Quick Start Guide, S.O.S. Mirrored Sticker, Warranty Card, GEOS Reference Guide
Check out Global Stars service plans to get your device up and running!